I present today Moroccan tea with the method of preparation, Tea is a digestive drink ultimate
The Moroccans created their tea preparation as a drink of taste, And they made this preparation a daily ritual feast
The Moroccans also made tea a way to welcome the guests.
When a guest returns to a Moroccan house, the family (poor or rich) prepares tea quickly to welcome he.
The Moroccans prepare and submit the tea in original tools that are characterized by the Moroccan artisan touch, especially the Teapot and the tray in pure metal or similar metal
Moroccan Mint Tea
- ½ liter of water.
- 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- 1 tablespoon of green tea.
- Wear one-half liter of water at a boil. In a teapot going on the fire, pour a tablespoon of tea.
- Wet it with a boiling water bottle by rotating the teapot. Empty this first water. The operation is used to remove part of the tannin, responsible for the harsh taste of the tea.
- Now fill the teapot with the boiling water and simmer for one to two minutes.
- On the mint bouquet, take a handful of leaves (remove the stems) and wash them. Introduce them into the teapot, out of the fire (the leaves should not cook or boil, or they would give off a less pleasant scent).
- Sucre well, this compensates the bitterness of the tea.
“Possible to replace mint with wild mint, thyme, sage, Mentha pulegium, marjoram”
My photo with my great father who is specialist of preparation of Moroccan tea